Faith
Grateful for Natalie (@poetessnat) curating safe spaces for SWFL creatives to write and share from our hearts. I cherish these workshops— the connections made and the writing shared. I always leave feeling inspired to create more and excited for the next gathering/event.
Today, the theme was faith.
We read a poem as a group, called “Invictus” by William Ernest Henley.
The root words were:
- Credere (Latin): to believe
- Fortis (Latin): strength
- Anima (Latin): “breath, soul”
My writing implementing these words/concepts:
Use my strength from God to believe the good in my soul.
“See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradtition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.”
~ Colossians 2:8
Poem:
"I am Her"
The world can be dark and misleading
I lean on God to give me strength and guide me
Strength to know I am loved,
To believe I am enough
To operate with pure intentions,
With compassion and kindness
I know I am not perfect
Still aim to be the best version
Of the person,
A woman with dignity,
God created me to be
Her, she
That woman is me
~ C.R.

Comments
Post a Comment