Today, I found peace while praying and pondering in a beautiful butterfly garden.
Butterfly metamorphosis is a fascinating process, which became extremely symbolic to me when I first got sober in February 2023, as it instinctively mirrors sobriety and transformation.
Sobriety feels like my own metamorphosis journey—slow and uncomfortable, but necessary to become/grow into the best version of myself.
Even though I’ve experienced relapsing, deep inside lies the desire to become who I am meant to be— who God created me to be.
Refusing to give up on myself and knowing hard changes can lead to something beautiful (butterfly metamorphosis)— through prayer and surrender, God continues to transform me.
“For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.”
~ Philippians 1:6
Lines from a poem I wrote about a butterfly’s journey during my first sobriety stretch in 2023:
“Comforting to know storms come to an end;
Our Father is our source of protection;
Don’t fear an unknown destination
Enjoy the journey,
Be along for the ride;
Child of Christ, perfect in his eyes
Keep spreading your wings,
Beautiful butterfly”
~ C.R.

Comments
Post a Comment