The beginning of November 2025, I committed to buying a new home.
Excited to have more space, I was ready to fill it with more love… (dogs).
Seeing that the holidays and house closing were around the corner in December 2025, I decided to get a dog for my boyfriend for Christmas (in addition to my rescue cat, Belle, I’ve now had for about 7 years).
I went to Patty Baker Humane Society in Naples, Florida to “look” at the end of November with a dear friend/co-worker.
After doing a lap and seeing all the dogs in the shelter, my heart went out to each and every one of them, but it was love at first sight when I made eye contact with Penny (who was named Jimena at the time).
Her soft stare and timid body language stole my heart.
I knew we could love her like she needed to be loved, and give her a beautiful new home and life.
By the end of the day November 21, 2025… Penny was coming home with me… And Christmas came a little early for us.
Fast forward to a couple months later in March 2026, it felt like Christmas came again.
I was volunteering at a puppy adoption event for Snip Collier when I met Buddy— his happy smile and pleasant demeanor warmed my heart.
Rescued by Snip, Buddy had a fractured leg, pellet wound, severe ear infections, and heart worm.
There wasn’t a doubt in my mind that I wanted to adopt Buddy, and give him his forever home and love that he deserves.
Penny, Buddy and Belle are the loves of our lives— bringing us joy and purpose each day.
Who Rescued Who?
Buddy is on the road to recovery: both of his ears were recently amputated, he’s eating a prescription diet to help him obtain healthy weight, and next Snip will be treating his heart worm.
If you can, please consider donating to Snip’s Helping Paws Medical Fund, so they can keep saying yes to animals in need- like Buddy.
Here is Snip's website below, if you feel called to contribute to their mission by donating or joining the committee:


Comments
Post a Comment