The beginning of November 2025, I committed to buying a new home.
The move-in date was mid-December.
With less than a month before the move and excited to have more space, I was ready to fill it with more love… (dogs).
Seeing that the holidays and house closing were around the corner in December 2025, I decided to get a dog for my boyfriend for Christmas (in addition to my rescue cat, Belle, I’ve now had for about 7 years).
I went to Patty Baker Humane Society in Naples, Florida to “look” at the end of November with a dear friend/co-worker.
After doing a lap seeing all the dogs in the shelter, my heart went out to each and every one of them, but it was love at first sight when I made eye contact with Penny (who was named Jimena at the time).
Her soft stare and timid body language stole my heart.
I knew we could love her like she needed to be loved, and give her a beautiful new home and life.
By the end of the day November 21, 2025… Penny was coming home with me… And Christmas came a little early for us.
Today is April, 21, 2025— Penny has officially been home with us for 5 months— and what an absolute joy it’s been!
Penny is gentle and loving to her cat sister, Belle, and dog brother, Buddy.
We love bonding as a family— whether it’s lounging and snuggling at home, or adventuring out to nature trails and dog parks.
Penny’s favorite thing to do is lounge in our bed, I don’t think she’s ever had anything so comfortable!
Penny’s favorite place to go is the dog park, she gets along wonderfully with other dogs and loves to play!
This morning, we celebrated by taking Penny to a local coffee shop for a pup cup, then to the dog park to play with her friends!
Our little sweet P.
Penny Peanut, you are so loved.
“When you enter the home, give it your blessing.”
~ Matthew 10:12
Pup cup!
Dog Park!
Bed time!
Comments
Post a Comment